San Diego

Accessibility Tools

  • Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters.
  • Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue drop" will match less than blue drop.
  • You can require or exclude terms using + and -: big +blue drop will require a match on blue while big blue -drop will exclude results that contain drop.

Ask a Certified Access Specialist (CASp)

Wheelchair access ramp

If you have a question concerning the application of the State of California accessibility standards to a specific built environment, space, a building or just simply want to know how the City will interpret an accessibility provision of the California Building Code, ask a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) City official for an answer by submitting your question below.

This service is being provided as a public service free of charge. Please be advised, this free service is not intended to be a comprehensive plan review, nor is it intended to replace the services provided by design professionals, including private CASp consultants, architects, engineers, land-use attorneys and code consultants among others.

CASp inspectors have been examined and certified by the State of California as having a specialized knowledge to apply state and federal construction-related accessibility standards. These professionals will know which standards apply to your property based on the age of your facility and its history of improvements.

PLEASE NOTE: The primary intent of this free service is to provide general answers to questions concerning the application of accessibility standards to a built environment. These regulations are codified in the governing California Building Code, Chapter 11A and 11B.  For a more focused analysis of your specific project, you can use the Preliminary Review process, as outlined in PDF icon Information Bulletin 513.  

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. 

You may attach one file only.
Files must be less than 5 MB.
Allowed file types: gif jpg jpeg png pdf.
Sorry, no robots allowed.