No need to visit City Hall! Home owners, property owners and contractors can use this process.
The Online Permits process allows property owners and licensed contractors to obtain simple no-plan Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits for minor residential installations via the internet at their convenience.
The following types of work may be permitted through On-line Permits:
- Electric - meter reset, miscellaneous wiring (relocate electrical outlets, re-wiring, etc.);
- Gas - meter reset, piping repair or alteration;
- Plumbing - water heater replacement, water or sewer piping repair, alteration, replacement and more; or
- Mechanical - installation or replacement of Forced Air Unit (FAU) and Air Conditioner (A/C) units, exhaust fans, kitchen hoods and more.
Note: A building permit may be required for kitchen or bathtub/shower enclosure remodels if removal of drywall, modification of wood framing or replacing/installing new wall finishes is proposed.
OnLine permitting is open 24 hours, seven days a week. However, permits are processed only until 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For additional information, please review our Frequently Asked Questions.
Please complete and Email the following information to [email protected]: (In order to make sure you receive our email, please add us to your safe sender list).
- A completed General Application Form (DS-3032) is needed in order to schedule the correct inspector for your project and to avoid delays in inspections, the project description should include a general description of the work to be performed, the use of the building and suite number (see examples below).
- An Electrical, Plumbing and/or Mechanical Permit Worksheet located in SimplEPermit Fee Worksheets (DS-145). It is not necessary to tabulate the total fee amounts within the worksheet as this will be done for you during permit issuance.
- Owner-Builders should also complete the Owner-Builder Verification form (DS-3042). Note: Signatures on the Owner-Builder Verification form must be notarized per state law.
You should receive the permit and invoice within one to two business days with instructions on how to pay your invoice online. An inspection may be scheduled once the invoice has been paid. Note: The inspection contact phone number on record is needed to access our online OpenDSD scheduling system. The inspection contact will be the contractor listed on the General Application or the property owner for permits issued to owner-builders.
Sample project descriptions arranged by permit type
In order to schedule the correct inspector for your project and to avoid delays in inspections, the project description shall include a general description of the work to be performed, the use of the building and suite number (see examples below).
Replace furnace in a house/duplex
Replace furnace in a condominium/apartment - unit # 17
Mechanical & Electrical:
Install AC with new electrical circuit in a house/duplex
Repair gas line - house/duplex
Repair main gas line - apartment complex
Replace water heater in a house/duplex
Replace water heater in a condominium/apartment - unit # 236
Upgrade electrical service to 200 amps in a house/duplex
For SimplEPermits related questions please Email: [email protected].