No need to visit City Hall! Home owners, property owners and contractors can use this process to submit for permits on-line.
The SimplEPermits process allows property owners and licensed contractors to obtain simple no-plan Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits for minor installations via the internet at their convenience. SimplEPermits can be issued where work does not require any type of plan review. See Information Bulletin 103 for more information.
Online permitting is available 24 hours, seven days a week. However, permits are processed only until 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For additional information, please review our Frequently Asked Questions.
The following types of work may be permitted through SimplEPermits:
- Meter reset/re-connection
- Adding 15-45 amp circuits
- Miscellaneous wiring (relocate electrical outlets, re-wiring, etc.)
- Temporary power pole for construction site
- Electric vehicle charging station for a private garage
- Water heater replacement (except tankless)
- Water or sewer piping repair
- Gas line repair
- Repair/ replacing drains
- Domestic backflow preventer
- Water softener installation
- Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) for domestic service
- Installation of a forced air unit (FAU) or air conditioner unit (A/C)
- Gas system leak repair
- Installation of exhaust fans
- Replacement of a furnace
To submit for a SimplEPermit, the following information must be completed and emailed to [email protected]:
- A completed General Application Form (DS-3032). In order to schedule the correct inspector for your project and to avoid delays in inspections, the project description should include a description of the work to be performed, the use of the building, and the suite number.
- An Electrical, Plumbing and/or Mechanical Permit Worksheet located in SimplEPermit Fee Worksheets (DS-145).
- Owner-Builders should also complete the Owner-Builder Verification form (DS-3042). Note: Signatures on the Owner-Builder Verification form must be notarized per state law.
You should receive the permit and invoice within one to two business days with instructions on how to pay your invoice online. An inspection may be scheduled once the invoice has been paid. Note: The inspection contact phone number on record is needed to access our online OpenDSD scheduling system. The inspection contact will be the contractor listed on the General Application or the property owner for permits issued to owner-builders.
For SimplEPermits related questions please email: [email protected]