Propel San Diego
Propel San Diego is a grant initiative awarded to the City of San Diego by the U.S. Department of Defense's Office of Economic Adjustment (OEA) to increase the strength and resilience of defense firms operating in San Diego County. Through the collaboration of six key partner organizations, custom programs have been designed to assist businesses who sell products and services to the DoD in order to develop a resilient defense supply chain that can stabilize despite changing budget, regional economic, and DoD readiness priorities. Support programs include access to services and expertise in marketing, ITAR compliance, export assistance, lean supply chain analysis, and business development support with government customers, and programs designed to increase commercial business.
Partners and Points of Contact
Propel San Diego partners are ready to respond to your needs with tools and resources to help your business thrive.
- Financing Information: Propel San Diego partners can provide information on low-interest loan programs, tax incentives and assistance programs. See the San Diego Region Business Incentives Matrix. Visit the City of San Diego's Business Resource Matcher.
- Research: The foundation of good business decisions starts with strong data. Propel San Diego partners provide research to local companies to give them the edge they need to make well-informed decisions to encourage and support economic investment.
- Site Search Assistance: Propel San Diego partners are equipped to assist businesses that seek to relocate or expand. Customized site searches are conducted based on business needs.
- The Connectory.com Network (www.connectory.com): The Connectory network is a buyer-supplier resource that contains more than 24,000, in-depth capability profiles of manufacturing, technology and supply-chain companies.
- Workforce: Employment and job-training programs, including financial-assistance programs, are available for employers.
- Meetings and Events: Propel San Diego partners conduct a variety of meetings, events, bus tours and forums in an effort to educate, inform and encourage business connections within the region and to address opportunities or challenges for businesses.
Whether it is connecting you to industry peers or finding the right talent or necessary capital to grow your business, Propel San Diego leverages its network of partners to help companies grow in the San Diego region. We will serve as your advocate with local government agencies and facilitate introductions to industry trade associations and other private organizations throughout our region.
New Opportunity: Defense Innovation Voucher Program
Interested in pursuing new commercial markets or diversifying your government contracts? Defense contractors or companies that work with defense contractors based in San Diego County can apply for the Defense Innovation Voucher Program. Funded by the U.S. Department of Defense, the program will provide 15 San Diego defense companies with $15,000 in consulting services in one of following categories: marketing, strategic planning, accounting compliance, lean supply chain analysis and additive manufacturing, and certifications, as well as additional hands-on training for companies looking to diversify revenue. Application deadline is Aug. 20, 2018. Learn more.
** This project is funded in whole or in part with Community Economic Adjustment Assistance for Reductions in Defense Industry Employment funds, provided by the U.S. Department of Defense's Office of Economic Adjustment to the City of San Diego.