Lifeguard Services is a division of the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
Observe, Prevent, Rescue
To provide the highest quality safety services in the coastal and aquatic environment for the public through rescue, education, outreach, medical aid, beach management, enforcement and prevention.
We are recognized and respected as a model organization having the confidence of the public. We support and care for one another while providing the highest quality service possible. We are innovative and responsive to the needs of those we serve.
San Diego Fire-Rescue Department Values
- Respect and nurture one another
- Integrity - Be accountable, fair, honest and trustworthy
- Dedication - Be the best we can be
- Excellence - Always give more than expected
- If I have taken safety into consideration
- If it is ethical
- If it is legal
- If it is the right thing for those we serve
- If it is the right thing for each other
- If it is within our policies and procedures
- If I can take PRIDE in it
- If I am accountable
- Then just do it..humbly