Major rescue equipment includes:
- Four-wheel-drive emergency vehicles
- 18-foot - 22-foot surf rescue/patrol vessels
- 32-foot - 35-foot /fire/rescue vessels
- Personal watercraft (PWC) for rescue and patrol
- Rescue 44 (Multi-Purpose Emergency Rescue Vehicle)
- Communication Center with:
9-1-1 console, 15 PBX phone lines, VHF marine radios, multiple 800 MHZ tactical, dispatch and mutual aid frequencies, California Law Enforcement Telecommunication System (CLETS) and weather recording instruments and signals.