Officially opened in 1997, the Earl & Birdie Taylor Library was built thanks to a generous donation from the Taylor family, library supporters and early real estate developers in Pacific Beach. The 12,484-square-foot library is walking distance from the beach, located on a city block dedicated to the library facility and a passive park space. Architect Manuel Oncina designed the library building to be open and airy, resembling the form of a nautilus shell to incorporate the natural beauty of the ocean. Featuring a large meeting room, projection screen and grand piano, the library is a destination for community groups and performers. The Pacific Beach community has been home to a library since 1914 when the original library operated from inside the lobby of the Pacific Beach Women's Club on Hornblend Street.
Parking - 50 parking spaces
Public Transportation - MTS Bus Routes 30, 8/9, 27
Computers for Public Use - 19 available
Meeting/Study Rooms - 1 meeting room with capacity for 95 people