Skip to main content
Wireless Internet Guidelines, Limitations & Disclaimers
- The Library's wireless connection is unencrypted and unfiltered. By using this connection, patrons acknowledge that security errors and hacking are an inherent risk associated with any wireless service, and agree they knowingly assume such risk, and further agree to hold the Library harmless from any claim or loss arising out of, or related to, any such instance of hacking or other unauthorized use or access into the patron's computer. Use the wireless Internet at your own discretion.
- Only web browsing is available via our wireless connection. Services other than http/https, such as telnet, secure shell, outgoing SMTP mail, etc. are not supported.
- Response speed, bandwidth, the ability to connect to the Wireless Internet network and continuity of connection are not guaranteed.
- Patrons may only use electrical outlets for their wireless devices in the designated for use areas. Tampering with library equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Hot ports are not available.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any damages to a patron's computer or personal device, direct or indirect, arising from use of Wireless Internet access at the library.
- The Library reserves the right to shut off Wireless Internet access 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Patrons are expected to use their own computers and personal devices in a responsible and courteous manner, and in accordance with the San Diego Public Library Conduct Policy.
- Patrons are responsible for troubleshooting and configuring their own device to connect to the wireless network. Library staff are unable to provide support.
- The San Diego Public Library complies with all Federal, state and local laws.
- Library staff reserves the right to deny patron use of wireless Internet access if they fail to comply with any part of this policy.