Ask, Suggest & Get Assistance
Want to ask a question, make a suggestion, or get assistance? The San Diego Public Library provides the following options...
- Ask SDPL - Ask about library events, online resources, and other services.
- Comments, Suggestions & Technical Issues - Leave general comments, suggestions, or let us know about technical problems with the website, online catalog, or databases.
- Homework Help Center - Access many of the library's online resources remotely from any computer home, school or at the library.
- How Do I... - list of services is grouped by topic area, and covers the most frequently requested services or questions received at the Library.
- Chat with a librarian (QuestionPoint) - Online help from librarians around the country 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Text Message - Text your question to (619) 324-3988. Text (SMS) Services are available Monday through Friday, from 12 noon to 5 p.m. Text the word HOURS to get the Library's hours of operation.
- Title Purchase Suggestions - Do you think the library should add a title to its collection? Let us know about it.
- Remote Access - To report problems with the Library Catalog, Library Databases or other electronic resources, please call (619) 236-5800.
- 211 San Diego Social Services
- Visit your local branch library