Daily Permits and Fees
At El Capitan and San Vicente reservoirs, each person (ages 8 years or older) entering reservoir property (even if not fishing or skiing) is charged a daily recreational use fee and launch fee (if launching a boat other than a kayak).
Please see What's New for days and hours of operation for each reservoir.
Adults - $8
Youth (ages 8 to 15 years) - $2.50
Senior (65 years or older) - $4
Children ages 7 years and under - free
Private Boat Launch - $7
Private Kayaks (single) with one person (all or part of day) - $2 (except at El Capitan Reservoir*)
Private Kayaks (double) with one or two persons (all or part of day) - $7
Private Canoes - $7
* (at El Capitan and San Vicente Reservoir there is a per person charge of $8 for adults or $2.50 for youth ages 8 to 15 years with no additional charge to launch a private kayak)
For State of California Fishing License see California Department of Fish and Wildlife (external link) for current license costs.
(call concession to check for availability)
Water Contact - El Capitan and San Vicente Reservoirs
Private Boat Launch (wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing, kneeboarding) - $7 per boat
Personal Watercraft - San Vicente (3-person PWCs only) - $7 per craft
Personal Watercraft - El Capitan (jet skis, etc.) - $7 per craft
Adults - $10
Youth (ages 8 to 15 years) - $5
Row boat and Blind Reservation - $20
Hunting Permit (Adult) - $10
Hunting Permit (Youth ages 8 to 15 years) - $5
Row boat and Blind Reservation - $40
Hunting Permit (Adult) - $20
Hunting Permit (Youth ages 8 to 15 years) - $10
- Seasons, fees and operating schedules may be subject to change.
- Reservoirs are open from sunrise to sunset on operating days only and are closed otherwise.
- In addition to a daily City recreation permit a state of California fishing license or state of California hunting license is required as appropriate.
- In addition to the "Rules and Regulations" posted at each reservoir all state and federal regulations must be observed at all times.
- For your convenience a recorded message detailing days of operation is available at all times by calling 619-465-3474 (619-465-FISH).
- Inquiries regarding overnight accommodations and other visitor services/activities should be directed to the San Diego Tourism Authority by calling 619-236-1212.
- Campgrounds and related information are provided by San Diego County, 858-565-3600; state of California, 619-220-5422; and federal, 619-673-6180 agencies.
- Information on state of California licenses, limits and regulations is available from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife: 858-467-4201.