Old Logan Heights Library Renovation Project
The Old Logan Heights Library building located at 811 S. 28th Street was built in 1927 and used as a branch library until 2009 when the new Logan Heights Library opened. The approximately 2,960 square foot building is situated in an urban environment with no designated onsite parking. It is in need of extensive upgrades, including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, roofing, windows and adaptations to allow access for people with disabilities.
This project will rehabilitate the Old Logan Heights Library building. The City of San Diego will work with community members and other stakeholders to gather feedback through forums, focus groups and surveys to determine the best future use of the building and if the project scope will extend beyond the previously mentioned upgrades.
Budget & Anticipated Schedule
The Old Logan Heights Library Renovation project is in the design stage. Details of the estimated budget and schedule are available on the project's information page.
The layout for the future use of the building is still being developed as community engagement continues.
Survey to Determine Future Use of the Existing Building
Below are the conceptual designs of the options for the future use of the Old Logan Heights Library building that were presented to the community. Residents were asked to vote on the potential options in a month-long survey that started Nov. 15 and ended Dec. 15. The data from this survey is currently being reviewed. City staff will schedule presentations with the Barrio Logan and Southeastern Community Planning Groups to share the survey results once they have been finalized. Details of those future meetings will be included on this webpage once they are scheduled.
Upcoming Community Meetings
- Monday, Dec. 11, 2023 | 6 p.m. | Southeastern San Diego Planning Group meeting | 641 South Boundary Street, San Diego, CA 92113
Past Community Meetings
- May 12, 2022 | Community presentation | Questions & answers
- July 21, 2022 | Community presentation | Community feedback
- Oct. 19, 2022 | Barrio Logan Community Planning Group presentation
- Nov. 14, 2022 | Southeastern San Diego Planning Group presentation
- Dec. 7, 2022 | Community meeting at San Diego High School
- Feb. 13, 2023 | Southeastern Community Planning Group presentation
- March 15, 2023 | Barrio Logan Community Planning Group presentation
- Nov. 15, 2023 | Barrio Logan Community Planning Group presentation
For questions about this project contact the Engineering & Captial Projects Department at 619-533-4207, email email@example.com or submit your inquiry online. Please reference "Old Logan Heights Library Renovation Project" in your inquiry.