San Diego

Accessibility Tools

  • Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters.
  • Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue drop" will match less than blue drop.
  • You can require or exclude terms using + and -: big +blue drop will require a match on blue while big blue -drop will exclude results that contain drop.

ADA Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get transportation if I use a wheelchair?

Call MTS Access at 888-517-9627, or http://sdcommute.com/

Who do I call for services for the blind?

Call San Diego Center for the Blind at 619-583-1542, or www.sdcb.org
Braille Institute of America at 858-452-1111, or www.brailleinstitute.org

How do I get disability insurance?

Call the U.S. Social Security Department at 800-772-1213, or www.ssa.gov, California State Disability Insurance at 800-480-3287, or www.edd.ca.gov/disability/disability_insurance.htm or local office: 9246 Lightwave Ave., Building A, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92123.

Where can I find an interpreter for the deaf?

Call Deaf Community Services at 619-398-2488, TTY 619-398-2440, or http://deafcommunityservices.org

Where can I get housing?

Call the San Diego Housing Commission at 619-231-9400, or http://sdhc.org/. For the deaf and hard of hearing, call 800-735-8339.

Where can I get help with job training if I am disabled?

Contact the California Dept. of Rehabilitation, www.dor.ca.gov or office located in your area:

  • San Diego District and Downtown Branch
    • 619-767-2100 (Voice)
    • 619-767-2159 (TTY)
  • East County Branch
    • 619-667-5649 (Voice)
    • 619-667-2970 (TTY)
  • San Marcos Branch
    • 760-510-4705 (Voice)
    • 760-510-3182 (TTY)
  • South County Branch
    • 619-426-8720 (Voice)
    • 619-426-8781 (TTY)

Who do I contact for on-street disabled persons parking (blue zone) in residential areas?

Blue curb requests can be submitted to the City's Traffic Engineering Division via web form, by emailing trafficops@sandiego.gov or by calling 619-533-3126.  

Who do I call to discuss my legal rights?

Contact Disability Rights California at 800-776-5746 (Voice), 800-719-5798 (TTY), or www.disabilityrightsca.org

For information about federal enforcement of the ADA, contact The U.S. Department of Justice or www.ada.gov. The ADA information line is at 800-514-0301 (Voice) or 800-514-0383 (TTY)