Request a Proclamation or Certificate of Recognition
Councilmember Kent Lee welcomes the opportunity to recognize and honor exceptional individuals, organizations, and events in District 6 and the City of San Diego.
Proclamations are issued by the San Diego City Council and signed by the Mayor and City Councilmembers in celebration of major milestones and achievements. Proclamation requests must be made at least 4 weeks prior to the date needed. Examples of Proclamations that can be issued include:
- Individuals for significant contributions and service to the community
- Organizations and groups for milestones or cultural or historic occasions
- Honoring notable causes
Certificates are issued by Councilmember Kent Lee in recognition of service to the community. Certificate requests must be made at least 1-2 weeks prior to the date needed. Examples of Certificates that can be issued include:
- School-related honors to students and faculty
- Small business recognitions to owners and employees
- Community volunteer appreciation events
The Councilmembers office reserves the right to modify or decline requests. If multiple Councilmembers are requested to be the presenting official for a proclamation, please submit only one request to a Council office, and then request that office to include other Council offices.
*Indicates a required field