- Projects that require Contractor and Subcontractor Verification:
- Residential and mixed-use development projects of 20 or more dwelling units, including single-family dwelling units and multi-family subdivisions.
- Commercial or industrial developments that propose 20,000 square feet or more of tenant improvements or construction of 20,000 square feet of additional or new gross floor area.
Any development that requires a Public Right-of-Way Permit.
- The permit holder or applicant shall ensure that all contractors and subcontractors working on the projects above have a current and valid:
- License with the Contractors State License Board.
- Worker's compensation insurance.
- City Business Tax Certificate.
- State Tax Identification Number.
- Federal Tax Identification Number.
- Only the Applicant or Permit Holder has access to add or remove contractors and subcontractors and will be required to update contractor and subcontractor information for any additions or changes using the online permitting portal before commencing or continuing any work.
- Projects that don't adhere to this requirement may be subject to enforcement, including suspension of inspections up to a Stop Work Order or other remedies to ensure compliance.
How to Verify Contractor and Subcontractor Information
Customers can check the status of a contractor's license in seconds with an "Instant License Check" or call 800-321-2752. The license check can be conducted by searching the license number, name or business name. Search results will reveal whether the contractor's license is active and in good standing, give insurance and bond information and show if the Contractors State License Board has taken any actions against the contractor's license.
Compliant Outdoor Expansion