Landscape Plan Review
The Landscape section reviews building, grading and public improvement plans for compliance with the:
- Land Development Manual: Landscape Standards;
- Land Development Code: Landscape Regulations; and with
- Any conditions of approval in previously approved discretionary land use permits and/or tentative maps.
Reviewers review mapping actions which include mapped brush management zones, landscape easements and landscape for condominium tentative maps.
- Landscape Regulations (Municipal Code)
- Planned District Ordinances – Certain areas are zoned and regulated as a Planned District Ordinance which may contain modified regulations.
- Land Development Manual: Landscape Standards
- Project Submittal Requirements
- Brush Management – Also see section 142.0412 of the Landscape Regulations.
- Community Plans – Some plans have requirements that relate to landscaping, such as identifying specific street trees.
- Street Tree Selection Guide – Provided by the Streets Division, Urban Forestry.
- Urban Forest Ecosystem Institute- Tree Selection Guide – Useful database for researching trees.
- Brush Management Notes - Excerpts from the Code and Standards to be included within the plan set.
- Brush Management Notes, D-Sheet - Excerpts from the Code and Standards to be included within the plan set for Grading and Improvement Plans.
- No Fee Street Tree Permit Application Form – Required when street trees are being planted, trimmed, root pruned, or removed and replaced.
- Landscape Calculation Worksheets