One of the oldest City libraries still in operation, the San Ysidro Library was originally built at a price of $12,000 and opened in 1924. A remodel of the library in 1983 kept the historic facade intact and expanded the building to its current size of 4,089 square feet. Spanish-language materials make up approximately 25 percent of the collection, along with a popular selection of graphic novels. Public computers are in high demand at this library and the afternoon homework help program is popular. Plans are currently underway to replace the library with a new modern facility on East Seaward Avenue.
Babies & Toddlers, Pre-readers (3-6)
Parking - Street parking available
Public Transportation -
MTS Trolley - UC San Diego Blue Line
MTS Bus Route 906 and 907
Computers for Public Use - 24 available
Adolfo R. Ocampo