The Independent Rates Oversight Committee (IROC) serves as an official advisory body to the Mayor and City Council on policy issues relating to the oversight of the City of San Diego's Public Utilities Department operations. This includes, but is not limited to, resource management, planned expenditures, service delivery methods, public awareness and outreach efforts, and high quality, affordable utility services.
In addition, the IROC is established to assist the City in tracking and reviewing the use of rate proceeds to advance the capital improvements related to rate packages and work programs adopted by the City Council. It is the vision of the IROC that a high level of public confidence in the City of San Diego's water and wastewater services is maintained with services provided in the most cost effective way.
Full IROC meetings are held monthly, every third Monday, unless otherwise noted on the agenda, at 9:30 a.m. The meetings are open to the public. Agendas are posted at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled meetings to meet the Brown Act requirements. Meeting minutes are posted when approved. Meeting location, unless otherwise posted on agenda:
City of San Diego Metropolitan Operations Center II (Kearny Mesa)
9192 Topaz Way
San Diego, CA 92123
- Tiffany Mittal, Multi-Family Residential Ratepayer Representative, Chair
- Robert Weichelt, Finance Professional Representative, Vice Chair
- Jeff Justus, Environmental Science Professional Representative
- Gordon Hess, Temporary Irrigation & Construction Ratepayer Representative
- David Akin, Single-Family Ratepayer Representative
- Christopher Dull, Construction Management Professional Representative
- Jack Kubota, Engineering Professional Representative
- Luis Osuna, General/Law Professional Representative
- Jim Peugh, Environmental Professional Representative
- Linh Quach, Commercial & Industrial Ratepayer Representative
- Jerry Jones, Ex-Officio/Metro JPA Representative
- Jim Peasley, Ex-Officio/Metro JPA Representative, Alternate
- Tony Heinrichs, City-10 Representative
For information on IROC duties, appointments, terms or composition, visit the City Clerk's IROC web page.
To view expiring terms or unscheduled vacancies, or to apply for a City Board or Commission such as IROC, visit the City Boards and Commissions web page.