Map-related information for the water and sewer systems operated by the City of San Diego is available through the City's Development Services Department. For more information and to make an appointment to review maps and records, please call Development Services at 619-446-5300.
Services provided to the public include:
- Publicly-available GIS data - Sewer mains, manholes, water mains and water hydrants are available for download as GIS shapefiles from the SanGIS website. Other mapping data (e.g. parcels, roads, jurisdictions) are also available for viewing on the SanGIS interactive map. SanGIS also provides custom mapping services, as detailed further on the services section of its website.
- Water service connection locations - Identification of the location of the water service location at your property. However, we do not have information regarding where private waterlines are located within your private property. For that information, you may want to contact a licensed plumber. Please see the Your Water Plumbing System webpage for more details.
- Sewer lateral locations - Identification of the location of the sewer lateral to your property. Please note that it is the property owner's responsibility to maintain their sewer lateral all the way to the connection with the City's sewer main. Please see the Your Sewer Plumbing System webpage for details.
- Water pressure calculation - Development Services can provide you with a calculated estimate of the water pressure range for your property. See the Water Pressure webpage for more information.
- For copies of City of San Diego as-built construction plans, please contact the Development Services Department - Records Section at 619-446-5200