New Permit Programs
Existing Development (Home & Business) Initiatives
With each reissuance of the 5-year Municipal Storm Water Permit the City must develop a Jurisdiction Runoff Management Plan (JRMP) that encompasses City-wide programs and activities designed to prevent and reduce storm water pollution within City boundaries. The Plan describes the pollution prevention activities that the City implements, as well as, the pollution prevention requirements for homes and businesses.
As part of the JRMP update, the City is developing an updated Storm Water Ordinance and a corresponding set of "Minimum Best Management Practices" (Minimum BMPs) that set guidelines and expectations for pollution prevention efforts by homeowners, commercial property owners and businesses throughout our jurisdiction. The new Minimum BMPs will be added to the City of San Diego Municipal Code following public outreach and consideration by the City Council using the following schedule.
- January 12 and 13, 2015 - Minimum BMP Public Public Meetings
- February/March 2015 - CEQA Public Comment Period
- May 20, 2015 - Presentation of JRMP, Ordinance and Final Minimum BMPs to Environmental Committe
- June 16, 2015 - Presentation of JRMP, Ordinance and Final Minimum BMPs to City Council
- June 27, 2015 - JRMP, Ordinance and Final Minimum BMPs Due to Regional Board
- June - July 2015 - Regional Board Public Comment Period
- Existing Jurisdictional Runoff Management Plan
- Existing Minimum Best Management Practices for Residential Areas and Activities
- Existing Minimum Best Management Practices for Industrial and Commercial Sites/Sources
For further questions regarding the JRMP update, please contact Program Manager, Clem Brown at 858-541-4336 or [email protected]
For further questions regarding Minimum Best Management Practices for residents, please contact Senior Planner, Vicki Kalkirtz at 858-541-4326 or [email protected]
For further questions regarding the Best Management Practices for businesses, please contact Program Manager, Andre Sonksen at 858-541-4317 or [email protected]