Storm Water Standards Manual And Related Documents
The City is required to update its Storm Water Standards Manual to conform to the 2013 Municipal Storm Water Permit and for consistency with the Regional Best Management Practices (BMP) Design Manual.
- 2016 Storm Water Standards Manual (FINAL)
- 2016 Storm Water Standards Manual Part 1
- 2016 Storm Water Standards Manual Part 2
- 2016 Storm Water Standards Manual Part 3
- January 2012 Storm Water Standards Manual
- Standard Urban Storm Water Management Plan (SUSMP) and Hydromodification Workgroup
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Requirements
- Storm Water Guide for Land Development
Storm Water Ordinance Amendment and Minimum BMPs
The City is required to amend its Storm Water Management and Discharge Control Ordinance per San Diego Municipal Code Section 43.03 to conform to the requirements of the 2013 Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit Order R9-2013-0001 issued by the San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board.
The amendments include updates to the list of non-storm water discharges (including conditions for the discharges) allowed into the City's storm drain system. The amended list is consistent with the list from the 2013 MS4 Permit. Each of the discharges described in the ordinance require minimum Best Management Practices (BMPs) before they are deemed allowable into the storm drain system. BMPs are required implementation activities to prevent pollution from leaving a property and entering the storm drain system.
Public information sessions about the draft Ordinance and Minimum BMPs were held in January 2015. Public comments received following these meetings were reviewed and incorporated into the documents below, as appropriate.
- Storm Water Final Ordinance 2015.pdf
- Minimum BMPs 2015.pdf
- Minimum BMPs Response to Comments Table.pdf