Joint Resolutions, 1889-1905
- NOTE TO RESEARCHERS: DUPLICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTAL FILES
Book# 1 contains all Joint Resolutions passed by the Common Council after organization of the City under the Freeholders Charter, May 6, 1889. The Board of Delegates and Board of Alderman together comprised the Common Council. From May 13, 1889 (Joint Resolution #1) to April 29, 1890 (Joint Resolutions #85), the City Clerk usually listed all three bodies in the initial text of the Resolutions, per Joint Resolution #82, April 29, 1889. The Common Council stipulated that a new Joint Resolution series be created after May 1, 1890, beginning with Joint Resolution #1 and all Joint Resolutions shall commence with the words, Resolved by the Common Council of the City of San Diego. This council action created a duplication of Joint Resolution numbers 1 to 85 from the years of 1889-90, but the subjects and dates allow the researcher to select the correct Joint Resolution. Researchers should also use Joint Resolution files, certifications, drafts and approvals for more details on the original official resolutions maintained in books (volumes # 1 through 73) by the City Clerk.
- Joint Resolutions Book 1 June 3, 1889 - June 4, 1894
- Joint Resolutions Book 2 June 18, 1894 - April 24, 1899
- Joint Resolutions Book 3 May 5, 1899 - June 6, 1904
- Joint Resolutions Book 4 June 6, 1904 - January 26, 1905