Community Risk Reduction
The Mission Statement of the Community Risk Reduction Division clearly spells out its goal:
"To protect the community of San Diego by preventing fire and other hazardous conditions through education and enforcement of life safety codes."
The Community Risk Reduction Division is one of the Department's most diverse in the various services it offers San Diego City residents and businesses.
Most Requested Services
Are you applying for one of the following permits?
- News Rack Permit
- No Fee Street Tree Permit
- Residential Rooftop-Mounted Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Permit Learn more about Residential Rooftop-Mounted Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Permit
- Transportation Permit
(Not the same as a Traffic Control Permit.)
- Simple Permit (no-plan Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing permit) Learn more about Simple Permits
Note: User accounts are required to submit all online permit applications. View tutorial
Are you applying for a no-plan Electrical, Plumbing, or Mechanical permit?
Your desired permit isn't available online. Please contact us to apply.
Schedule an Appointment
Public counters are open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. All public counters are closed from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Walk-in services are not available after 3 p.m. and walk-in customers arriving after 1 p.m. may not be seen.
To pay your invoice, select your permit below.
For construction changes, select the associated permit below.
- Fire - Alarms, Kitchen Hoods, Suppression Systems, Underground Fire Services
- News Rack
- Plan (required) Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
- Preliminary Review
- Residential Rooftop-Mounted Solar Photovoltaic (PV)
- Simple (No-plan) Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
- Traffic Control