A Division of the City of San Diego City Clerk's Office
The City of San Diego's Municipal Code contains many of the ordinances for the City of San Diego. The Municipal Code is organized by Division.
The Municipal Code is updated as new ordinances are adopted by the City Council.
A Table of Contents is provided to facilitate location of specific divisions
Full Text Search of the Municipal Code
(Type one or more search terms in search box and press the "Search" button, also see Basic Search Essentials)
Documents Available for Download
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 01, General Provisions
- Chapter 02, Government
- Chapter 03, Business Regulations, Business Taxes, Permits and Licenses
- Chapter 04, Health and Sanitation
- Chapter 05, Public Safety, Morals and Welfare
- Chapter 06, Public Works and Property; Public Improvement and Assessment Proceedings
- Chapter 07, Public Utilities and Transportation
- Chapter 08, Traffic and Vehicles
- Chapter 09, Building, Housing and Sign Regulations
- Chapter 10, Planning and Zoning
- Chapter 11, Land Development Procedures
- Chapter 12, Land Development Reviews
- Chapter 13, Zones
- Chapter 14, General Regulations
- Chapter 15, Planned Districts
See the Municipal Code History Table web page for historical information.
These documents are available for viewing in Portable Document Format (PDF) using the free Adobe Reader.
If you are unable to view the documents, please review the Help page or contact our office at 619-533-4000 for alternative formats.
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer: From time to time users with Microsoft Internet Explorer have difficulty downloading some of the Municipal Code PDF files. If you experience this problem, please go to the HELP page for a solution.