NOTICE: COUNCIL DISTRICT 6 OFFICE CLOSED
In light of COVID-19 concerns and out of an abundance of caution, the office is closed. However, all District 6 staff will be working from home and are available for constituent concerns.
Download our Small Business Resource flyer HERE
State of California
- Information & Guidelines: https://covid19.ca.gov/
County of San Diego
- Text alerts: Text COSD COVID19 to 468-311
City of San Diego
- Information & Resources: www.sandiego.gov/coronavirus
2-1-1 San Diego
- Full Supportive Services Including: food, housing, financial assistance and healthcare
- Website: 211sandiego.org
- Phone: 211
County of San Diego Aging & Independent Services (AIS)
- AIS provides services to older adults, people with disabilities and their family members, to help keep clients safely in their homes, promote healthy and vital living, and publicize positive contributions made by older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Website: www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/ais.html
- Phone: (800) 339-4661
Stay Home SD
- Grocery delivery (ages 65+)
- Website: stayhomesd.com
- Phone: (619) 800-3252
Meals on Wheels
- Food delivery (ages 60+)
- Website: www.meals-on-wheels.org
Senior Shopping Hours
- Target: Wednesdays 8:00am - 9:00am (ages 65+)
- Northgate Market: Daily 7:00am - 8:00am (ages 65+, disabled)
- Smart & Final: Daily 7:30am - 8:00am (ages 65+)
- Whole Foods: Daily 7:00am - 8:00am (ages 60+)
- Baron's Market: Daily 9:00am - 10:00am (ages 65+, pregnant women)
- Von's: 7:00am-9:00am (ages 65+)
The San Diego Unified School District has distance learning resources available here.
Computers 2 SD Kids
Computers 2 Kids offers low-cost, refurbished computers available to those who qualify.
As Chair of the City’s ED&IR Committee and a former small business owner, I feel that it is imperative we, as a City, take a holistic approach to ensure there is minimal impact to our regional economy. From the craft breweries in Beeramar, to the ramen shops in the Convoy District, to manufacturing in Sorrento Valley, D6 businesses are suffering, and the financial hardship is real. This support package will protect both employees and employers not only today, but tomorrow, and days to come.
Every night, JFS operates a Safe Parking Program for unsheltered San Diegans living out of their vehicles, many of whom are experiencing homelessness for the first time. As these individuals and families work to lift themselves up out of a difficult situation, many are making a nightly choice between buying food or purchasing gas to get to work and school.
The program operates seven nights per week at four secured lots at Balboa Avenue, Aero Drive, Mission Village Drive, and their newest lot in Encinitas. To enroll, call (858) 637-3373 or start the process online.