Skip to main content

Development Services

Mapping Action Approvals

This approval is required by State law and City Ordinance that the City Land Surveyor review and approve land title documents related to development projects to determine its conformity to the law (such as zoning), its satisfaction of a development condition of approval and its technical adequacy.

For a Discretionary Mapping Action that include Tentative Maps, Public Right-of-Way Vacations or Easement Abandonments, please refer to a Discretionary Permit.

Plan Your Project

What You Should Know

The mapping action approvals are available for parcel map, final map, amended map, certificate of correction, certificate of compliance, lot line adjustment parcel map or plat, covenant of easement, easement dedication, reversion to acreage, irrevocable offer of dedication and revestment or relinquishment of access rights.


Information Bulletin 502 - Fee/Deposit Schedule for Grading/Right-of-Way Permits & Mapping Actions



Compliant Outdoor Expansion

Apply for a Permit

Step 1

Step 2

Read the PDF icon requirements for PDF file uploads.

Not following the PDF requirements will delay project review and approval.

Step 3

Obtain or complete the following based on permit selected:

  • Easement grant deed (see Additional Resources section below) completed, signed and notarized.
  • Joint use agreement, signed and notarized, if required.
  • Subordination agreement, signed and notarized, if required.
  • Final Map or Parcel Map, signed and notarized.
  • Project Contacts Information (DS-345)

Step 4

Your PDF documents MUST meet our upload requirements. See Step 2 for more info.

Validate your PDF documents with Scout™

Step 5

Apply for the permit

You will be required to upload the completed documents from Step 3 at the time of application. Submitting without all the requirements will result in delays.