Documents And Reports
The following is a compilation of documents and reports related to the General Plan Update.
- Final Public Review Draft October 2006 General Plan
- May 2006 Working Draft General Plan
- Draft July 2005 General Plan
- Strategic Framework Element 2002, Final Version
- 1979 Progress Guide and General Plan
- Full Version –
- Table of Contents, Preface & Introduction
- Guidelines for Future Development
- Plan Elements
- Housing Element
- The General Plan Monitoring Report was prepared to fulfill an Action Plan requirement that the Planning Department monitor progress toward implementing the City of Villages strategy.
- A Commitment to Public Involvement - Outlines the public outreach process designed for the Strategic Framework Element.
- City of San Diego Consolidated Plan - A plan for housing needs and strategies in San Diego.
- City of San Diego Facilities Financing Study, August 2002 - This study was prepared by an independent municipal finance adviser and recommends possible financing options based on comparisons with other California cities.
- Community and Economic Development Strategy, 2002-2004 - This city report focuses on San Diego's economy and recommends ways to improve it.
- Strategic Framework Element, Final Environmental Impact Report - The final EIR for the City of Villages Strategy Strategic Framework Element. (The official document, containing this same information, may be obtained as a hard copy for $90.00 by contacting Development Services (619) 446-5460.) Sections of Final Environmental Impact Report listed below:
- Five-Year Action Plan, Final Version - The Five-Year Action Plan is the implementation program for updating the General Plan, amending community plans, and identifying other steps necessary to execute the City of Villages growth strategy. This final version reflects the changes made as a result of the final motion adopted by City Council at the October 22, 2002 hearing.
- Recommended Financing Options Listing, June 2002 - This component of the city of San Diego Facilities Financing Study outlines financing options recommended by the Strategic Framework Finance Subcommittee.
- Multiple Species Conservation Program - This web page regarding the city's efforts to protect the environment includes a number of related planning documents.
- Manager's Report - This report was issued September 18, 2002 in preparation for the City Council Hearing on September 23, 2002 to consider adoption of the Strategic Framework Element Program.
- Minutes from City Council Hearing on October 22, 2002
- Report to The Planning Commission - This report was issued July 11, 2002 in preparation for the Planning Commission hearing originally scheduled for July 18, 2002. The Planning Commission hearing date subsequently changed to August 15, however the information contained in this report will be used for the August 15 hearing.
Planning Commission Resolutions Adopted on August 15, 2002
- Summary of Findings, June 2002 - By the Strategic Framework Citizen Committee, Finance Subcommittee.
- Transit-Oriented Development Design Guidelines - These guidelines are aimed at redirecting urban growth to patterns that encourage non-automobile travel.
- What is Planning? - A general guide to land-use planning in the city of San Diego.