Job Search Support
- San Diego Workforce Partnership and San Diego Public Library have a wide range of job search support resources.
- Goodwill Employment Centers provide free assistance with the job search, application, and interview process. Five locations throughout San Diego County. The main office is at: 3663 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110; 619-225-2200.
- 2·1·1 San Diego is an online directory of more than 2,000 agencies in San Diego County providing basic needs, employment support, training, legal, health, and other services. Phone: 211
- FindLocalHelp part of the Department of Labor's CareerOneStop network, is a directory of local service providers by topic and agency.
- Day labor agencies contract workers for a single day's labor and some longer placements. Larger local day labor agencies include People Ready and Allied Forces.
- A comprehensive list of employment agencies can be found through Yellow Page listings or online.
Unemployment and Workplace Rights
- The California Employment Development Department (EDD) provides unemployment claim filing and job search support. Telephone assistance at 1-800-300-5616. Claims can be filed online, by phone, fax, or mail, but not in person. Partnered offices support job search and provide phones and Internet access for filing, but do not process applications: in San Diego at 4389 Imperial Avenue, San Diego, CA 92113; 619-266-4200.
- The California Department of Industrial Relations has additional information on workplace issues.
- The Legal Aid Society of San Diego offers clinics to assist with applications and hearings for social services.
This is a partial listing of San Diego area training opportunities, with an emphasis on no- or low-cost providers. Training providers can also be found through counselors at WorkForce Partnership, numerous online and print promotional materials, and your local library.
- San Diego Community College District and Continuing Education and Continuing Education - The San Diego Community College District includes City College, Mesa College, Miramar College, and six continuing education campuses. Courses include adult basic education, career technical training, computer, business, academic, and personal development programs.
- Other area community college districts include:
- Extended Studies through SDSU, UCSD, and USD - Extended studies programs available through local universities offer vocational and certificate programs in a wide range of fields.
- Center for Employment Training - San Diego - Provides job training and placement in building maintenance, electronic assembly, and welding. Located in Grant Hill.
- San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council - Provides job search, technical skills training, and job search support resources.