For a property management company to start water/sewer services on behalf of an owner, you must have all the following information listed below available, and note that one form of current government-issued identification is required to start service. Please note that our office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding City holidays.
To start water service, please use this online form.
Owner Required Information
- Name of primary account holder (owner).
- Date of birth of primary account holder (owner).
- Service address.
- Billing address (if different from service address).
- Phone number for the account holder (owner).
- Email address for the account holder (owner).
- Start of service date.
- Current or previous service address within the city of San Diego (for reference).
- One (1) form of government-issued identification listed below must be provided for the account holder and any secondary contact before starting service. Examples of acceptable government-issued identification are:
- Driver’s License.
- State identification card.
- Military identification.
- U.S. Passport or Passport Card.
- Foreign passport.
- Permanent resident Card.
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship.
- Student identification card.
- Social Security Card.
The Federal Privacy Act gives you the right to choose whether to give us your Social Security Number. This information will be used for identification purposes. You will not be penalized if you choose not to give us your Social Security Number.
Property Management Company Required Information
- Property Management Company Name.
- Property Management Company Primary Contact Name.
- Property Management Company Mailing Address.
- Street Address.
- Suite/Unit Number.
- ZIP Code.
- Property Management Company Phone Number.
- Property Management Company Email Address.
- One (1) copy of either document listed below, showing your Tax Identification Number, Employer Identification Number or City of San Diego Business Tax Certificate Number, must be provided for the business/organization before starting water service.
- San Diego Business Tax Certificate.
- One (1) copy of the property management agreement.
The Public Utilities Customer Service Policy Manual includes information regarding property owner responsibilities, maintaining your account, infrastructure, meter access, starting and stopping service and more.