Funding For Arts and Culture Nonprofits
The City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture annually awards funds to support the City's nonprofit arts and culture organizations and projects implemented by a variety of nonprofit organizations. These funds are awarded through two competitive application processes. * Please note: the application deadline has passed.
Fiscal Year 2017 Funding Programs
Managing Your Fiscal Year 2017 Contract
- FY17 - Contract Kit Instructions
- FY17 - Checklist of Required Materials
- FY17 - Glossary of Useful Terms
- FY17 - Key to Abbreviations
- FY17 Contract Technical Assistance Workshop Presentation
- Insurance Checklist and Sample Documents
- FY17 Steps in the Contracting Process
Technical Assistance with Commission for Arts and Culture Staff
Office Hours: The Commission for Arts and Culture will be offering summer office hours to provide one on one time with members of the Arts and Culture Funding Programs team. Fiscal Year 2017 Applicants and Contractors may sign up for 30-minute appointments to receive:
• Panel Comments related to the FY17 Application Process
• Technical assistance for the FY17 Contract Process
For more information on dates and times available, how to sign up for Office Hours, and what information you need to provide read this → FY17 Office Hours Information- Updated
Fiscal Year 2017 Funding Program Guidelines
The FY17 funding cycle is July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017* (Please note the application deadline for both funding programs has passed). In Fall 2016, the FY18 Funding Program Guidelines will be released.
The Organizational Support Program (OSP) provides operational support to San Diego's nonprofit arts and culture organizations.
The Creative Communities San Diego Program (CCSD) provides project-specific support to a variety of San Diego's nonprofit organizations.
Funding for both of these programs comes from the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT), a tax levied on individuals who stay overnight in the City's hotels, motels, and other lodging establishments. Council Policy 100-03 governs the use of these taxes to promote the City, including support for San Diego's arts and culture programs and services.
Information about FY17 Funding Awards
- FY17 Final Award Amount
- FY17 Funding Program Key Dates & FAQs for Applicants
- Factors Affecting OSP Awards
- Factors Affecting CCSD Award
Managing Your Fiscal Year 2016 Contract*
*The FY16 funding cycle is from July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016