Funding For Arts and Culture Nonprofits
The City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture annually awards funds to support the City's nonprofit arts and culture organizations and projects implemented by a variety of nonprofit organizations. These funds are awarded through two competitive application processes. * Please note: the application deadline has passed.
Fiscal Year 2017 Funding Programs
Managing Your Fiscal Year 2017 Contract
- FY17 - Contract Kit Instructions
- FY17 - Checklist of Required Materials
- FY17 - Glossary of Useful Terms
- FY17 - Key to Abbreviations
- FY17 Contract Technical Assistance Workshop Presentation
- Insurance Checklist and Sample Documents
- FY17 Steps in the Contracting Process
Fiscal Year 2017 Request for Payment
- FY17 Request for Payment - Instructions
- FY17 Request for Payment - Sample Form
- FY17 Request for Payment - Checklist of Required Materials
- FY17 Request for Payment - Glossary of Useful Terms
- FY17 Request for Payment - Form
Fiscal Year 2017 Funding Program Guidelines
The FY17 funding cycle is July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017* (Please note the application deadline for both funding programs has passed). In Fall 2016, the FY18 Funding Program Guidelines will be released.
The Organizational Support Program (OSP) provides operational support to San Diego's nonprofit arts and culture organizations.
The Creative Communities San Diego Program (CCSD) provides project-specific support to a variety of San Diego's nonprofit organizations.
Funding for both of these programs comes from the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT), a tax levied on individuals who stay overnight in the City's hotels, motels, and other lodging establishments. Council Policy 100-03 governs the use of these taxes to promote the City, including support for San Diego's arts and culture programs and services.