Park Boulevard: Balboa Park
From Morley Field Drive to Presidents Way
Project Status: Construction (Estimated completion in early 2023)
The Park Boulevard (Balboa Park) project provides transit improvements in addition to a separated bikeway from Morley Field Drive to Presidents Way through Balboa Park following the the Balboa Park Pipeline Replacement, Phase II. The City worked with Balboa Park institutions, MTS, neighboring communities, and the public to implement a high priority project from the Bicycle Master Plan, make transit improvements and preserve some on-street parking near key destinations. The project connects to recently completed separated lanes in Uptown, University Heights, and Downtown and will connect with the Eastern Hillcrest Bikeways regional bikeway. The project will help the City with our Climate Action Plan and Vision Zero goals. The City is also committed to continuing to improve accessibility and mobility around the park and will continue to work with institutions to develop additional improvements supporting the park for residents and visitors.
- Map of project with transit lanes (red) and on-street parking locations (blue). Separated bikeway is continuous throughout.
- Proposed cross section with separated bikeway, bus lane, and general travel lane
- Proposed cross section near the World Beat Center and Centro Cultural de la Raza
- Proposed cross section near Rose Garden
From Adams Avenue to University Avenue
Project Status: Open to Public
The Park Boulevard project provides separated bikeways from Adams Avenue to University Avenue with Slurry 2122. This segment is an identified high priority project from the Bicycle Master Plan, and connects to other regional bikeway improvements including the Georgia-Meade, Howard Ave, and Eastern Hillcrest bikeways.
Park Blvd Striping, Signing and Electrical Improvement Plan
- Existing Cross Section Adams Ave to Meade Ave
- Sample Cross Section Adams Ave to Meade Ave
- Existing Cross Section at Centre Street
- Sample Cross Section at Centre Street