Includes agendas and minutes
Mira Mesa is approximately 10,500 acres in area. Mira Mesa was annexed to the City in 1958 as part of a lager annexation that included Del Mar Heights and Naval Air Station Miramar. Little development occurred in the planning areas until mid-1969, when the demand for moderate priced housing brought several major developers into eastern Mira Mesa. The Mira Mesa Community Plan was originally adopted in 1992 with residential as the prominent land use and the General Plan identifies Sorrento Mesa within the Mira Mesa Community Planning Area as a Subregional Employment Area. In addition, natural features and open space define areas of Mira Mesa and provide recreational opportunities.
College Area is in Council District 6.