Community Profiles Greater Golden Hill
- Greater Golden Hill Community Profile Home
- Community Planning Group Agendas and Minutes
- Current Community Plan
- Community Contact Information
The Greater Golden Hill community planning area is an urbanized community consisting of approximately 746 acres, located east of downtown San Diego and adjacent to Balboa Park. The community has a long-standing development history within the region and encompasses the historic Golden Hill and South Park neighborhoods as well as several adjacent areas such as Choate's addition and Brooklyn Heights. The community is bounded by Balboa Park and Juniper Street to the north; 34th Street canyon and State Route 15 on the east; State Route 94 on the south and Interstate 5 to the west.
The area’s topography comprises a series of gently rolling marine terraces broken by four steeply sloping canyon areas. The community has a long and colorful history which is visible in the eclectic mix of architectural styles, many of which are comparatively rare in San Diego today. The distinctive qualities of these traditional buildings contribute to the community’s overall scale, character, and identity.
A community plan update was adopted in 2016 and the community plan document and additional planning information can be accessed from the links below.
The Golden Hill Community Plan was approved by the City Council at their meeting on October 25, 2016 (reference Resolution Number R-310756). The Community Plan covers the Greater Golden Hill Community Planning Area, including the neighborhoods of Golden Hill and South Park. The 2016 comprehensive update to the community plan also included adoption of a zoning program (reference Ordinance Numbers O-20756 and O-20757).
This community plan document can be viewed from the links below. To purchase a hard copy of this community plan or one of our other planning documents, visit the City Clerk’s Office at 202 C St., second floor, in downtown San Diego; or call City Clerk’s at (619) 533-4000.
- Golden Hill Community Plan (full document)
- Cover and Table of Contents
- Land Use Element
- Mobility Element
- Urban Design Element
- Economic Prosperity Element
- Public Facilities, Services and Safety Element
- Recreation Element
- Conservation Element
- Noise Element
- Historic Preservation Element
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Appendix D
- Golden Hill Rezoning Map (C-966)
Other Planning Information
- Final Program Environmental Impact Report
- Final PEIR Errata
- Impact Fee Study Link
- Open DSD Link for Project Information
- Golden Hill 25th Street Revitalization Plan (1987)
- Golden Hill Fern Street and 30th Street Revitalization Plan (1987)
- 1988 Golden Hill Community Plan (Archived)
25th Street Renaissance Enhancement Project Reference Documents
- Golden Hill Parking Study
- Traffic Assessment for 25th Street Community Center
- Golden Hill 25th Street Community Center
- Golden Hill 25th Street Revitalization Plan by RNP Architecture and Planning
- Golden Hill 25th Street Revitalization Plan Update: Proposed Elements
- Limits of Survey