Community Profiles Uptown
- Uptown Community Profile Home
- Planners Agendas and Minutes
- 1988 Uptown Community Plan
- Community Contact Information
- Parks & Other Community Services
The Uptown Community Plan
The City's community plans are long range planning documents established as essential components of the General Plan. The community plan update process will develop the community-specific detail, relevant policies, and implementation strategies necessary to fulfill General Plan objectives. The General Plan sets out a long-range vision and policy framework to guide future development, provide public services, and maintain the qualities that define San Diego over the next 20+ years. The General Plan also has a focus on how to design infill development and reinvest in existing communities.
The update to the 1988 Uptown Community Plan was adopted by City Council on November 14, 2016 and provides detailed policy direction to implemenet the General Plan with respect to the distribution and arrangement of land uses, the local street and transit network, the prioritization of public facilities, community and site specific urban design guidelines, and recommendations to preserve and enhance natural open space and historic and cultural resources with the Uptown Community.
Marlon I. Pangilinan
City of San Diego
Prior to going into effect, the land use plan requires a consistency determination from the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (SDCRAA) acting in its capacity as the San Diego Airport Land Use Commission.
- Uptown Community Plan (Full Version)
- Land Use
- Urban Design
- Economic Prosperity
- Public Facilities, Services, and Safety Element
- Noise Element
- Historic Preservation
- Appendix A: Park and Recreation Needs Assessment Survey
- Appendix B: Natural Resource Mapping/MHPA Boundary Line Correction
- Appendix C: Uptown Archaelogical Study
- Appendix D: Uptown Historic Survey Report
Accompanying zoning to the Uptown Community Plan is shown here as draft until the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (SDCRAA) acting in its capacity as the San Diego County Airport Land Use Commission makes a determination of consistency.
Final Program Environmental Impact Report
Uptown Impact Fee Study