Commendations about police services can be made:
- In person at any police facility
- By telephone at 619-531-2000
- By email at email@example.com (Note: This email address is not monitored 24/7. To report emergencies or other issues please call 911 or 619-531-2000. Thank you.)
- By mail at:
San Diego Police Department
1401 Broadway, MS 700
San Diego, CA 92101
A citizen who is dissatisfied with police services or believes they have witnessed or been a victim of policemisconduct can file a complaint using one or more of the following methods:
- Internal Affairs Complaint Form
Internal Affairs Complaint Form (Spanish)
The Complaint Form provides a means for making a specific complaint against a specific officer(s) or police-related incident. Fill out the form as completely as possible. Print the form to submit it by mail, or email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A San Diego Police Department Internal Affairs Detective Sergeant will review the complaint and respond as appropriate.
- By telephone to the San Diego Police Department Communications Division at 619-531-2000. A supervisor will be dispatched to contact the reporting citizen as soon as possible.
- In person at any police facility.
- By telephone or in writing to the Chief of Police:
1401 Broadway, MS 700, San Diego, CA 92101
- By telephone or in writing to the Internal Affairs Unit:
1401 Broadway, MS 709, San Diego CA 92101
- To the Office of the Mayor, City of San Diego, 202 C St., San Diego CA 92101
- In person, by telephone or by writing to the Commission on Police Practices:
202 C Street, MS 9A, San Diego CA 92101