Water Construction and Development
Permits and Fees
Design Guidelines and Standards
To report difficulty accessing these documents or to request the documents in an alternate format, contact the City's Capital Improvement Program (Public Works Department) at 619-533-4679.
- General Design Guidelines
- Facility Design Guidelines
- Standard and Guide Details
- Standard and Guide Specifications
- Engineering Documents and References (Public Works Department)
- Construction Management Guidelines
- Recycled Water System Guidelines
Approved Materials List
The Water Approved Materials List outlines all acceptable products and materials used in City of San Diego water systems and facilities.
Federal and state laws require water purveyors protect their systems from cross-connections and backflow. The City works closely with consumers, architects, contractors and engineers to ensure compliance on cross-connection control and/or backflow prevention requirements.
To report difficulty accessing these documents or to request an alternative format, please call 619-533-4679.