Water Construction and Development
Permits and Fees
Design Guidelines and Standards
To report difficulty accessing these documents or to request the documents in an alternate format, contact the City's Capital Improvement Program (Engineering and Capital Projects Department) at 619-533-4207.
- Water Facility Design Guidelines 2021 Edition - Effective June 1, 2021
- Water Facility Design Guidelines 2013 Edition
- Recycled Water System Guidelines
- Water System HGL Zones
Approved Materials List
The Water Approved Materials List outlines all acceptable products and materials used in the City of San Diego water systems and facilities.
- Approval Letter for Val-Matic Valve & Manufacturing Corp.
- Approval Letter for Cla-Val
- Approval Letter for SIP Industries
- Approval Letter for Baker Coupling Company Inc.
Federal and state laws require water purveyors to protect their systems from cross-connections and backflow. The City works closely with consumers, architects, contractors and engineers to ensure compliance with cross-connection control and/or backflow prevention requirements.
To report difficulty accessing these documents or to request an alternative format, please call 619-533-4207.