The annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program begins the day after Christmas, Dec. 26, through Jan. 23, and features 17 drop-off locations available to City residents.
- Carmel Valley - Carmel Valley Recreation Center, 3777 Townsgate Drive (lower parking lot)
- Encanto - Cielo Drive at Woodman Street
- Golden Hill - Golden Hill Recreation Center, 2600 Golf Course Drive
- Pacific Beach - Kate Sessions Memorial Park, corner of Mount Soledad Road and Loring Street
- Logan Heights - Memorial Recreation Center, 2902 Marcy Ave.
- Miramar - Miramar Greenery Recycling at Miramar Landfill, 5180 Convoy St. (accepts trees throughout the year)
- Mission Bay - SeaWorld Drive at Pacific Highway
- Mountain View - Ocean View Boulevard at 40th Street (north side)
- Oak Park - Chollas Lake, 6350 College Grove Drive (Gloria Mesa parking lot)
- Ocean Beach - Robb Field Recreation Center, 2525 Bacon St.
- Otay Mesa/Nestor - Montgomery Waller Community Park (lower parking lot, southeast corner of Palm Avenue and Beyer Boulevard)
- Rancho Bernardo - Rancho Bernardo Recreation Center, 18448 West Bernardo Drive
- Rancho Penasquitos - Canyonside Recreation Center, 12350 Black Mountain Road
- San Diego State University - Parking lot 17 off Alvarado Road
- Scripps Ranch - Scripps Ranch Recreation Center, 11454 Blue Cypress Drive
- Tierrasanta - Tierrasanta Community Park, 11220 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. (pool parking lot)
- University City - Standley Community Park (parking lot), 3585 Governor Drive
What kinds of trees are accepted for recycling?
Both green and flocked trees (fake snow) are accepted. All tree stands, bags, netting, lights, ornaments, tinsel and other tree decorations must be removed. No artificial trees accepted. Please do not illegally dump any other items at the drop-off locations.
Where else can I recycle a Christmas tree?
- Visit wastefreesd.org to find locations throughout San Diego county
- Curbside collection (For residents with yard waste collection only)
- Manual container customers using their own bins should place trees on the curb for collection on your regular greenery recycling pickup day. Trees over four feet in length should be cut in half.
- Automated container customers using the large, green 96-gallon bin provided by the city should cut their trees to fit into the automated container for pickup on collection day.
Christmas tree recycling fliers
For additional information about greenery recycling or mulch and compost produced at the Miramar Greenery, please contact Environmental Services.