On Nov. 17, 2015, the San Diego City Council approved a series of water rate increases. You will find the correct rates for the Jan. 1, 2016, increase in the Fact Sheet and Notice of Public Hearing below. However, future rate increases will be less than what is listed in these documents. A number of factors will go into determining the future increases including the cost of wholesale water charged to the City by its water retailers. Once these factors are known the future rates will be published on this page.
- Rate Change Fact Sheet
- Cost of Service Study, July 23, 2015
- City Council Cost of Service Study Presentation
- Community Meetings Cost of Service Study Presentation
- Rate Impacts Memo to City Council
Notices of Public Hearing
- Notice of Public Hearing in English
- Notice of Public Hearing in Spanish
- Notice of Public Hearing in Filipino (Tagalog)
Twenty-two community presentations for the public were held throughout the City between Sept. 17 and Nov. 9, 2015. These included:
- Sept. 17, 2015 - Serra Mesa Community Council, Serra Mesa-Kearny Mesa Branch Library, 9005 Aero Drive, San Diego, 92123.
- Sept. 24, 2015 - Carmel Valley Community Planning Board, Carmel Valley Branch Library, 3919 Townsgate Drive, San Diego, 92130.
- Oct. 1, 2015 - La Jolla Community Planning Association, La Jolla Recreation Center, 615 Prospect St., San Diego, 92037.
- Oct. 5, 2015 - City Heights Area Planning Committee, 3910 University Ave., third floor conference room, San Diego, 92105.
- Oct. 5, 2015- Mira Mesa Town Council, Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem St., San Diego, 92126.
- Oct. 12, 2015 - Southeast Planning Group. Neighborhood House, 841 S. 41st St, San Diego, 92113.
- Oct. 13, 2015 - University City Planning Group, Scripps Office Building. 10010 Campus Pointe Drive, first floor, San Diego, 92121.
- Oct. 13, 2015 - Skyline-Paradise Hills Planning Committee, Paradise Hills Recreation Center, 6610 Potomac St., San Diego, 92139.
- Oct. 14, 2015 - College Area Community Planning Group, College-Rolando Branch Library, Community Room, 6600 Montezuma Road, San Diego, 92115.
- Oct. 14, 2015 - Kensington-Talmadge Planning Group, YMCA, 4300 El Cajon Blvd., San Diego, 92105.
- Oct. 15, 2015 - Peninsula Community Planning Board, Point Loma/Hervey Branch Library, 3701 Voltaire St., San Diego, 92107.
- Oct. 15, 2015 - Rancho Bernardo Planning Board, Rancho Bernardo Swim and Tennis Club, 16955 Bernardo Oaks Drive, San Diego, 92128.
- Oct. 19, 2015 - Encanto Neighborhood Community Planning Group, Jacobs Center Community Room, 404 Euclid Ave., San Diego, 92114.
- Oct. 21, 2015 - Barrio Logan Planning Group, Woodbury University, 2212 Main St., San Diego, 92113.
- Oct. 21, 2015 - Tierrasanta Community Council, Tierrasanta Recreation Center, 11220 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, 92124.
- Oct. 27, 2015 - Community Planners Committee, MOC II Auditorium, 9192 Topaz Way, San Diego, 92123.
- Nov. 3, 2015 - Uptown Planners, Joyce Beers Community Center, Uptown Shopping District, Vermont St., San Diego, 92103.
- Nov. 5, 2015 - La Jolla Community Planning Association, La Jolla Recreation Center, 615 Prospect St., San Diego, 92037.
- Nov. 5, 2015 - Clairemont Community Planning Group, Cadman Elementary School Auditorium, 4370 Kamloop Ave., San Diego, 92117.
- Nov. 5, 2015 - University Heights Community Association, Alice Birney Elementary School Auditorium, 4345 Campus Ave., San Diego, 92103.
- Nov. 5, 2015 - Scripps Miramar Ranch Planning Group, Scripps Ranch Branch Library, Community Room, 10301 Scripps Lake Drive, San Diego, 92131.
- Nov. 9, 2015 - Southeastern San Diego Planning Group, Neighborhood House, 841 S. 41st St., San Diego, 92113.