Accessibility Advisory Board
Next meeting: November 17, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. [NOTE NEW START TIME - NOVEMBER MEETING ONLY]
The Accessibility Advisory Board meets monthly on the third Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. All are welcome and encouraged to attend. Meetings are held in the fourth floor conference room of Civic Center Plaza, located at 1200 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101.
Meeting agendas will be posted on this web page at least 72 hours prior to all regularly scheduled meetings.
(Disability Awareness Event held in Lieu of October Meeting)
Inspiring and promoting effective solutions to achieve universal accessibility for all.
Duties and Functions
The Accessibility Advisory Board was estiblished to:
- Advise the Mayor and City Council on policies and issues relating to accessibility.
- Advise the Mayor and City Council regarding City compliance with federal, state, and local disability and access codes, rules, regulations, and laws.
- Make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council for improving communications between the disabled community and City government.
- Perform accessibility studies and surveys as requested by the Mayor or City Council.
- Provide an annual report to the Mayor and City Council detailing the activities and recommendations of the Board.
The nine member board is comprised of:
- Five persons who have expertise in the Americans with Disabilities Act or disability services
- Two city-at-large members
- One member with professional experience in a tourist-serving industry
- One member certified as a state of California Access Specialist (CAS) under title 21, division 1, chapter 1, subchapter 2.5 of the California Code of Regulations
To view the municipal code language for the Accessbility Advisory Board, click here and scroll to section §26.34 Accessbility Advisory Board on page 25.