UPDATED SWIM TEST POLICY & REQUIREMENTS FOR 2022
Please see below for new information regarding our swim test requirements:
- ALL STUDENTS (NEW AND RETURNING) ARE REQUIRED TO PASS THE SWIM TEST. Returning A Group students (those that participated in the A Group in 2021) are exempt from this requirement and do not need to attend/pass the swim test.
- STUDENTS MUST ATTEND ONE OF THE SWIM TEST DATES ASSIGNED BY SESSION. Please do not sign up for a session if your child cannot attend one of the designated swim test dates. See below for the list of scheduled swim test dates. Registered students who do not attend one of their session's assigned swim tests will be removed from the program and their spot given to someone who is on the waitlist.
- STUDENTS MAY ONLY ATTEND TWO SWIM TEST DATES. Due to limited staffing and pool availability, we are unable to accommodate multiple tryouts for each student. If a student is unable to pass the swim test after a second swim test date, a full refund will be processed (minus the non-refundable Activenet transaction fee). We strongly recommend parents do not register their child for the program unless they can confidently pass the swim test.
- PROOF OF AGE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL REGISTERED STUDENTS. Proof of age will be required for all registered students during the check-in process at the swim tests. Official documentation is required (birth certificate, passport, etc).
- SWIM TESTS ARE FOR REGISTERED STUDENTS ONLY. Waitlisted students will be notified of a make-up swim test date if a spot becomes available.
Based on our new swim test requirements, we strongly encourage regular swim workouts or swim lessons to prepare your child. Parents should evaluate their child's swimming ability prior to the start of online registration.
Swim Test Requirements
All students (new and returning) must pass the swim test in order to participate in the San Diego Junior Lifeguard Program.
All Junior Lifeguards must meet the following swimming requirements. Please note the times for the B and C Group students have been lowered from previous years.
||7 - 8
||1 minute 30 seconds
||9 - 11
||2 minutes 15 seconds
||12 - 13
||14 - 17
||1 minute 45 seconds
2022 Swim Test Dates (Location & Times are TBA)
Session 1 Swim Test Dates:
Saturday, April 9
Sunday, April 10
Saturday, April 16
Session 2 Swim Test Dates:
Saturday, May 14
Saturday, May 21
Saturday, May 22
Grommet Swim Test Dates:
Saturday, May 7
Saturday, May 14
For other questions or concerns regarding the swim requirements, please email email@example.com.