The following must attend a tryout:
- New students must attend a tryout in order to participate in the program;
- If your child was in the program before 2018 but did not attend JG's in 2018, they are considered a new student and must attend a tryout.
- Students who were in the Grommet program in 2018 but wish to participate in the Junior Guard program (new C group students) must attend a tryout and pass the required swim time for the C group.
Prior to attending a tryout, new students must register and submit payment during the online registration process.
New students who fail to attend a tryout will be issued a refund (minus the non-refundable Activenet transaction fee) and their spot given to someone on the wait list. The refund policy will apply to all refunds given for failure to attend a tryout.
The following do not need to attend a tryout:
- Returning students who participated in 2018
- Returning Grommets from 2018 who wish to participate in Grommets for a second time.
Tryout information for intern candidates is available on the Intern Program web page.
Swimming requirements must be met in order to be accepted into the Program. Students can attend as many tryouts as needed to pass the swim test. We strongly recommend regular swim workouts before attending a tryout. If you have any questions regarding tryouts and the swim test, please email us at [email protected].
All Junior Lifeguards must meet the following swimming requirements:
|JGrommets||7 - 8||50 yards||1 minute 30 seconds|
|"C"||9 - 11||100 yards||2 minutes 30 seconds|
|"B"||12 - 13||100 yards||2 minutes 15 seconds|
|"A"||14 - 17||100 yards||1 minute 45 seconds|
2019 Tryout Dates and Times
When attending a tryout, arrive at the location at any time between the start time and 15 minutes before the end time. Swim tests will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Tryout dates and times are TBA. Please check our website in February 2019 for a list of dates.
For other questions or concerns, call 858-581-7861 (voice mail only during the off season) or email [email protected].