Denny Sanford Children’s Library
Located on the First Floor of Central Library
The 9,000-square-foot-plus area boasts more than 70,000 books and other items.
There are 16-foot-high murals of classic Dr. Seuss characters all over the walls, bright-colored chairs, short tables and desks as well as lots of space for quiet reading in comfy seats.
The Children’s Library also offers:
- 22 computers with word processing and internet
- 6 computer AWE Early Literacy Stations (ELS) for kids ages 2 to 8 years with educational games focusing on math, reading, typing, music and other subjects
- Bindford I Can, Too! Center with Large Print and Braille juvenile books
- Board games, activity table and educational toys to use while visiting the space
- Baby and toddler play area with a large selection of board books
Books are still the star attraction here, and a special section has been dedicated to Dr. Seuss books. Also noteworthy are the:
- extensive foreign language children’s books (classics and new tales) in dozens of languages, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Chinese, Korean, Persian, Arabic and several others
- VOX audiobooks, an upgrade to book and CD kits
- graphic novels
The Ackerman Foundation Children’s Reference Area will guide both children and parents to the perfect selection as they maneuver through the area.
The space also features specially-sized restrooms for the youngest patrons, a family restroom and a nursing room.
Check the Event Calendar for Children’s Library programs and events, including story-times movement classes, musical performances, crafts and movies.