The City of San Diego uses PlanetBidsTM, a fully automated web-based vendor registration and bid management system. All formal City solicitations are conducted through the online system hosted by PlanetBids System (PB SystemTM). This system consolidates vendor registration for suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants, manufacturers, distributors, and dealers (collectively, vendors) interested in providing goods and services, construction services, and consultant services to the City of San Diego. This system streamlines the City of San Diego's overall procurement process.
PlanetBids provides the following key features and benefits free of charge so that vendors may:
- Maintain a self-managed online vendor profile
- Search and download current solicitation documents such as attachments, planholders, addenda, and procurement results such as bid tabulations and awards
- Receive automatic email notifications for solicitations based on product/service categories selected by the vendor
- Receive automatic addenda notification(s) as a planholder
- Ask questions about the solicitation and receive answers (Q&A) online
- Register with the City for providing goods and services under emergency procedures
Access to PlanetBids
To access PlanetBids, Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or higher (free download) must be installed.
If you have any difficulty registering online or require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Technical Support personnel by clicking the Help link or by contacting PlanetBids at email@example.com.
For general questions regarding PlanetBids, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-236-6000.