The City of San Diego is excited to launch its e-procurement system, PlanetBids a fully automated web-based vendor registration and bid management system. In a phased approach, all formal City solicitations will be conducted through the online system hosted by PlanetBids System (PB SystemTM). This system consolidates vendor registration for suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants, manufacturers, distributors, and dealers (collectively, vendors) interested in providing goods and services, construction services, and consultant services to the City of San Diego. This new system is expected to improve the City of San Diego's overall procurement process.
PlanetBids provides the following key features and benefits free of charge so that vendors may:
- Maintain a self-managed online vendor profile
- Search and download current solicitation documents such as attachments, planholders, addenda, and procurement results such as bid tabulations and awards
- Receive automatic email notifications for solicitations based on product/service categories selected by the vendor
- Receive automatic addenda notification(s) as a planholder
- Ask questions about the solicitation and receive answers (Q&A) online
- Register with the City for providing goods and services under emergency procedures
Access to PlanetBids
To access PlanetBids, Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or higher (free download) must be installed.
- Vendor Portal (Non-ADA)
- Vendor Portal (ADA) - Selecting the accessibility mode will ensure that users of assistive technologies have full and equal access to all aspects of the website.
If you have any difficulty registering online or require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Technical Support personnel by clicking the Help link or by contacting PlanetBids at [email protected].
For general questions regarding PlanetBids please contact Christopher Moore at [email protected] or (619) 236-7254.