PD Services and Support Frequently Asked Questions
Review the categories listed here for information pertaining to the Department's most frequently asked questions. If you have a question that is not included, please email the webmaster.
- Crime Related Information
- Employment / Involvement Opportunities
- How can I get my gun back?
- Obtaining Police Information
- Police Services in your Neighborhood
- Quality of Life and Nuisance Issues
- Traffic Issues
- How do I get my property?
- Does SDPD offer Finger Print services?
Fingerprinting services are no longer available at San Diego Police facilities. Beginning July 1, 2005 the California Department of Justice requires that all applicant fingerprint submissions be transmitted electronically. Live Scan digital submissions provide the quickest way to submit and process fingerprint records. Complete the Fingerprint (Live Scan) Request Form, then take it to any of the Live Scan sites listed on the California Attorney General's web site.