Mental Health Services
Located on the Third Floor of Central Library
|Monday||9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
The program is operated in partnership with the San Diego Public Library and the San Diego County Health & Human Services Agency.
Homeless outreach workers can speak with patrons about barriers that they are experiencing and work together to help break them down and move forward.
This innovative partnership provides an opportunity for outreach to library patrons, 18 years of age and older, who may be interested in receiving information about no-cost mental health, housing and other social services.
Program services include:
- Vulnerability Index - Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPDAT) assessments
- Social Security/Disability Insurance (SSDI) advocacy
- Housing assistance and resources
- Emergency housing referrals
- Mental health referrals
- Physical, vision, and dental health referrals
- Substance abuse addiction counseling and treatment referrals
- Legal assistance referrals
- Identification obtainment for birth certificates, state IDs, etc.