Services & Programs
There's more to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department than fighting fires. For example, the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) trains citizen volunteers to become a vital link to safety in a disaster.
The Community Risk Reduction Division, headed by a Deputy Fire Chief/Fire Marshal, is one of the Department's most diverse in the various services it offers. It conducts more than 20,000 annual inspections and issues fire code permits, develops safety policies and guidelines for residents and businesses.
More than 80% of the emergency calls the Department responds to are medical aids. The emergency medical services provided to the citizens of San Diego is a vital part of the mission of the Fire-Rescue Department.
- AB 38 Defensible Space Inspection
- Alarm Permits
- Annual Weed Abatement Vacant Lot Program
- City of San Diego Insurance Services Office (ISO) Rating Information
- Hazardous Materials Permits
- Obtaining Fire/Medical Reports
- Special Events Permits
- Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone Map
If you have an emergency, dial 9-1-1. More information on calling 9-1-1.