Parks & Recreation
The Marston House was constructed in 1905 for department store owner, civic leader and San Diego Historical Society founder George W. Marston and his wife, Anna Gunn Marston. Designed by noted architect Irving Gill in the Craftsman style, the house, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is maintained as a museum house by Save Our Heritage Organisation.
The Formal Garden was designed and installed in 1927 as a 50th wedding anniversary gift to the Marstons. It is planted with a collection of roses and seasonal flowers as well as having a lawn area.
The Front Lawn (west) is a shady spot under large trees opposite the porte cochere visitor entrance to the house.
This facility is maintained as a house museum by Save Our Heritage Organisation.
Contact: www.sohosandiego.org -- (619) 297-9327 or (619) 298-3142