The Padre Cross
The Padre Cross was erected in 1913 by the Order of Panama and is made up of tiles from the Presidio ruins. This makes the area an ideal site for wedding, memorial services, or other small ceremonies.
The Padre Cross is located east of Presidio Drive across from the Serra Museum. Take Interstate 8 to the Taylor Street exit. Head west on Taylor Street and turn left onto Presidio Drive. Follow Presidio Drive up the hill then right into the parking lot across from the Serra Museum.
Note: This popular wedding site is available to permit six months in advance but is not available on holiday weekends or during major park events.
|Maximum Capacity||25 people|
|Available Hours||10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (6 p.m. during daylight-savings time)|
|Food/Beverages||Food is allowed onsite but no glass containers.|
|Restrooms||There is no public restroom available at this site.|
|Fee||Contact the Permit Center at (619) 235-1169 for fee information.|