Lead Safety and Healthy Homes Program
Eliminating Lead Poisoning In San Diego
Childhood lead poisoning is the number one environmental health problem facing children today. Unlike many diseases, lead poisoning is entirely preventable. The Lead Safety and Healthy Homes Program serves as the primary liaison for connecting the community with resources to prevent lead poisoning. We are working with a collaboration of agencies dedicated towards eliminating childhood lead poisoning.
- Overview of Lead Safety and Healthy Homes Program
- If you plan on doing your own home renovation, first learn how to do the work correctly so you don't contaminate yourself or your household. Download a free copy of "Don't Spread Lead" in English, Spanish or Vietnamese.
- Notify the City of Existing Lead Hazards (deteriorated paint or contractors not using lead safe work practices)
- Lead Hazard Prevention and Control Ordinance
- EPA Certified Renovator Trainings
- Blood Lead Testing Clinics
- Learn about Lead and its Dangers
- Preventing Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Healthy Homes Related Training
- Other Resources
San Diego Lead Safety Collaborative
The City of San Diego's HUD funded “Lead Safety Collaborative” grant program concluded on December 13, 2017. Landlords of rental properties with lead hazards remediated through this program are registered in the Lead Safe Housing Registry.