Household Hazardous Waste
The improper disposal of hazardous wastes creates a very real threat to individuals and the environment. Disposing of incompatible household chemicals in the trash can cause hazardous fumes that can injure your family or your local trash collector. Plus, it is illegal to discard hazardous waste in the regular trash!
- Where to recycle left over paint?
- Used Oil and Oil Filter Recycling Events
- Where to Recycle Batteries?
- Recycling of Rechargeable Batteries
- Recycling of Refillable Propane Cylinders
- Household Battery and Fluorescent Light Recycling Events
- Proper Disposal of Business-generated Hazardous Waste
- Proper Disposal of Residential-generated Medications and Pharmaceuticals
- Proper Disposal of Residential-generated Sharps (Needles, Syringes and Lancets)
- How to Minimize Hazardous Waste
- Safe Use of Hazardous Materials
- Alternatives to Hazardous Materials
- Links and Resources
- Household Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility Brochure (PDF)
- What to do with Appliances, E-Waste and Universal Waste
- Universal Wastes Prohibited from Disposal at Miramar Landfill
- Se Prohibe la Dispocisión Final de los Desechos Designados como "Universal Waste" en "Miramar Landfill" (PDF)
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal for non-City of San Diego Residents