Illegal Dumping, Litter and Scavenging
Annually, there are more than 34,500 reports of illegal dumping, littering, scavenging and waste-related violations in the City of San Diego. These reports are investigated by the Department's Solid Waste Code Compliance Team, a group responsible for enforcing the City's solid waste codes. Code Compliance also provides anti-waste education and organizes more than 50 community cleanup/recycling events each year.
- Code Compliance Fact Sheet
- What is illegal dumping and how can I report it?
- What is scavenging and how can I report it?
- What are waste-related violations and how can I report them?
- Community Cleanup/Recycling
To report illegal dumping, littering, scavenging or other waste-related violations, please use the City of San Diego's Get It Done app or call ESD at 858-694-7000.