Balboa Park Club
The historic Balboa Park Club building was first constructed for the 1915 Panama-California Exposition to house the state of New Mexico's exhibits. It was later remodeled and enlarged for the 1935 California Pacific International Exposition. It was during this period that sculptor Frederick Schweigardt and painter Belle Baraceneau created their striking fountain and mural which adorn the building's grand foyer. Rental facilities within the building consists of two areas; the Santa Fe Room, a medium sized banquet/meeting hall to the left of the main entrance, and the Ballroom, featuring approximately 13,000 square feet of unobstructed wood dance floor.
Floor plan is available.
Use of chairs and tables (round and rectangular) included in rental. There is also an in-house public address system in the ballroom.
|Maximum Capacity||Ballroom: 500
Santa Fe Room: 80 banquet, 120 meeting
All capacities are dependent upon set-up style.
|Available Hours||Facility use hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Food/Beverages||Food and beverage may be brought in. A shared-use kitchen is available for use.|
|Restrooms||There are restrooms in the building.|
|Fee||Contact the Permit Center at (619) 235-1169 for fee information.|
|Address||2144 Pan American Rd W, San Diego, CA 92101|