About the Office of the City Auditor
To advance open and accountable government through accurate, independent, and objective audits and investigations that seek to improve the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of City government.
Through performance audits, financial audits, and special investigations, the Office of the City Auditor provides essential information to assist the City Council in its decision-making process. The Office of the City Auditor also provides valuable information to City management and the general public. Our mission is to independently assess and report on City operations and services while providing objective and technically correct information.
The Office of the City Auditor is an independent office that reports to the City Council's Audit Committee.
- Charter Authority - with the passage of Proposition C on June 3, 2008, the City Charter will be amended and the Office of the City Auditor will conduct business under this authority.
- Improper Influence Ordinance - With City Council's passage of the Improper Influence Ordinance effective October 11, 2009 it is unlawful to take any action to coerce or fraudulently influence, manipulate or mislead the City Auditor or any member of his staff in the conduct of an audit.
- FY19 Proposed Budget
- FY18 Adopted Budget
- FY17 Adopted Budget
- FY16 Adopted Budget
- FY15 Adopted Budget
- FY14 Adopted Budget
- FY13 Adopted Budget
- FY12 Adopted Budget
- FY11 Adopted Budget
- FY10 Adopted Budget
- FY09 Adopted Budget
- Eduardo Luna, MPA, CIA, CGFM, City Auditor
- Kyle Elser, CPA, CIA, CFE, Assistant City Auditor
- Danielle Knighten, MBA, CICA, CFS, Deputy City Auditor
- Stephen Gomez, CISA, Principal IT Auditor
- Chris Kime, CIA, Principal Performance Auditor
- Andy Hanau, MPP, Principal Senior Performance Auditor
- Shawneé Pickney, MPA, CFE, Principal Senior Performance Auditor
- Andy Horita, MAcc, MSW, CFE, CPA, Fraud Investigator
- Sunny McLernon, MSW, Senior Performance Auditor
- Arlys Erickson, MSA, CIA, CFE, CGFM, CPEA, CDFM, Senior Performance Auditor
- Kevin Christensen, JD, CFE, Senior Performance Auditor
- Luis Briseño, CGAP, Performance Auditor II
- Megan Garth, MPP, Performance Auditor II
- Danielle Novokolsky, Performance Auditor II
- Nathan Otto, MPP, Performance Auditor II
- Laura Reyes-Cortez, MSA, Performance IT Auditor II
- Jenny Song, Performance IT Auditor II
- Stephanie Chernau, CIA, Performance Auditor I
- Greg Cleary, Performance Auditor I